Sunday, October 9, 2011

Limitations Limit and Sadden. :C

I recall right after I got out of high school I had to go to Ivy Tech for almost two years instead of going straight to IUPUI and starting my college career there.   Why?  Because I was 1 mathematics point away from being accepted into IUPUI.  This means I had to complete certain math classes before I could do ANYTHING at our lovely school.  This not only put a very real limitation on myself and my college career, but it was also pretty demoralizing to know that I couldn't really start doing what I WANTED to do (music, sound design) until I had made all of the bureaucrats happy with my oh-so-important math scores.  Eventually I made it into the School of Informatics, but not without a lot of time and energy being put into stuff that, quite frankly, is totally irrelevant to me and my life.  Thanks superficiality, you win again.

No comments:

Post a Comment