Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Was 5 Once.

I distinctly remember one winter when I was a child... It was almost Christmas and like every year, my Grandpa had his glorious tree up, covered in lights and ornaments and all that Christmas jazz.  Like most little kids, I was very curious and like most little kids -- I didn't know what was good for me.  I remember being in the living room while my mother and her sister talked about who knows what and I remember going through my Grandpa's random crap on his book shelf where I found the perfect example of a paperclip.  Excellent, I thought.  I remember having the overwhelming desire to to stick said paperclip into whatever I came across and what I came across just happened to be a power outlet.  Luckily before I could do any serious damage I was apprehended by The Mom, probably for the best.  Shortly after I was caught pulling dirt out of one of the potted plants... I got in trouble a lot.  :]  There's a picture of me throwing the dirt everywhere somewhere around my house, will post it if I find it.

EDIT:  Yeeeah, I'm gonna have to throw in a small edit here.  When I was young-er (maybe not 5, but bare with me) I would try to pick the locks around my house, odd right? I thought it was really cool/I wanted to be like James Bond who was always breaking into places.  I used credit cards and occasionally...!!! paperclips.  That it is all really.  This assignment was hard, however I felt like I could, ya know, spice it up a little and tell a few stories from my past.  So I did.  :D?

No comments:

Post a Comment